11/19/15
I attended Pens and Pints on 11/19/15. It was held at a bar in Lancaster named Tellus360. It mostly involved socializing with other students interested in design. At each table there were large sheets of paper to draw on and for the most part everyone drew at least one thing but others drew a lot. I personally noticed a lot of writing rather than drawing which I was a little disappointed in because I was hoping to see a larger quantity of interesting designs. I'm not saying the designs that I saw were bad, there just wasn't as many as I was hoping to see. Of course I did not check every table so maybe more designs were found at the end of the night. I think the point of the event was for students, also known as: the future generation, to discuss among themselves with little to no restrictions about what they dissatisfied with and how they would like to change it. In other words they are sort of planing for the future an how to change it. Of course with all he alcohol some people said some crazy stuff but maybe that stuff is just crazy enough to work, and maybe that was the plan all along; to get young people thinking about the future no matter how ambitious their crazy plans maybe as well as criticizing parts of the current generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment