9/21/15
After some peer criticism and suggestions I have finally finished the calendar project.
I decided to make the monsters and couch more like silhouettes. This fits more with the dark room with the central light idea I had earlier. I was making details for the wolf monster but then I saw that it was too busy, and kind of distracting, plus I was just all around unsatisfied with the product. I used the gradient tool to give the table a burnt wood carving look. I added lines and circles to generalize the small detail in wood. This generalization comes from the cartoon like style that I decided to go for established in my mood board. I was going to put the clock on the bottom of the table like the blu ray player and cable box but I decided to us it in the background instead because it fill a large opening of negative space. I also put the smashing logo on a picture in the background for the same reason, putting it on the opposite side of course to make the image some what symmetrical. The main light source is the TV which is why the the light is an orange to black gradient.

No comments:
Post a Comment